A critical history of the doctrine of a future life in Israel, in Judaism, and in Christianity or Hebrew, Jewish, and Christian eschatlology from pre-prophetic [...] / R. H. Charles. London : Black, 1913
- Preface to the first edition
- Preface to the second edition
- Chapter I. Eschatology of the individual in the old testament prior to the origin of the belief in immortality.
- Chapter II. Eschatology of the individual - rise of the doctrine of an individual immortality
- Chapter III. Eschatology of the nation and the synthesis of the two eschatologies in the doctrine of the resurrection. Doctrine of the soul and of the future life among the Greeks.
- Chapter IV. Summary of old testament teaching on individual conceptions - an appendix to the preceding chapters
- Chapter V. The eschatology of apocryphal and apocalyptic literature during the second century b.c.
- Chapter VI. Eschatology of apocryphal and apocalyptic literature during the first century b.c.
- Chapter VII. Eschatology of apocryphal and apocalyptic literature during the first century a.d.
- Chapter VIII. Eschatology of apocryphal and apocalyptic literature during the first century a.d. - continued.
- Chapter IX. Escahtology of the new testament
- Chapter X. Escahtology of the new testament - revelation, Jude, 2 Peter, James, Hebrews, Johannine gospel and epistles, 1 Peter.
- Chapter XI. The Pauline eschatology in its four stages
- Index of subjects