The Judaica Collection of the Frankfurt University Library
The University Library Frankfurt am Main owns the largest collection of Hebraica and Judaica in the Federal Republic of Germany and is one of the world's great Judaica library collections.
It was founded at the end of the 19th century through generous donations of Frankfurt Jewish philanthropists. Prof. Dr. Aron Freimann, the librarian until 1933, formed it into the most significant Judaica collection of the European continent before World War II. The collection suffered partial losses during National Socialism and the war.
Most of the historic collection has been digitized and is available online:
Currently additional volumes of the historic collections are being digitized and added to the portal.
The University Library Frankfurt am Main is the DFG funded special subject collection for Jewish and Israel Studies and continuously acquires all relevant national and international publications in all aspects in a most comprehensive manner.
All Titles | Contact | Digital Collections |